You need to file:
- a request for grant on Form OP1 in the applicant’s chosen language of proceedings either in English or Chinese and signed by the applicant (Part 14 of Form OP1);
- a specification in the language of proceedings;
- an abstract in both English and Chinese;
- the title of invention in both English and Chinese (Part 03 of Form OP1);
- a list of the necessary documents in support of the application, with the number of sheets of each individual document indicated (Part 11 of Form OP1);
- the name and address of the applicant as well as the name of the inventor (Parts 02 and 08 of Form OP1);
- an address in Hong Kong for service of documents (Part 12 of Form OP1);
- (if you are not an inventor) the last known address of each inventor and an inventorship statement (Form OP1A);
- (if priority right is claimed) a statement of priority (Part 05 of Form OP1) and the priority documents;
- (if a reference to an earlier specified patent application is made) a copy of the earlier specified patent application and a copy of the certificate issued by the authority which received that application;
- (if non-prejudicial disclosure is claimed) the statement about the claim and supporting evidence (in the form of statutory declaration) (Part 09 of Form OP1);
- (if the invention requires the use of a micro-organism for performance of the invention) information on the availability of samples of the micro-organism to the public (Part 04 of Form OP1);
- (for inventions involving nucleotide and amino acid sequences) a sequence listing as a part of the description in the specification; and
- (if any filing document is not entirely in the language of proceedings either in English or Chinese) a translation of such document in the language of the proceedings.
If you appoint an agent, your agent is required to notify the Registrar of Patents of the address in Hong Kong where he resides or carries on his business activities.