You need to file:
- a request to record on Form P4;
- a copy of the published designated patent application;
- the title of the invention in both English and Chinese;
- an abstract in both English and Chinese;
- applicant's name and address;
- (if you are not the applicant named in the designated patent application) a statement explaining your right to apply and supporting documents (for example a copy of an assignment);
- (if the inventor is not named in the designated patent application) a statement identifying the person you believe is the inventor;
- (if priority is claimed) the name of the country or territory where the priority application was filed, the priority application number and the priority application filing date;
- (if non-prejudicial disclosure is claimed) the name and place of the prescribed exhibition or meeting at which the invention was disclosed, the opening date of the exhibition or meeting, and the date of first disclosure;
- an address for service in Hong Kong;
- translations of information and documents as required.
If you appoint an agent, your agent is required to notify the Registrar of Patents of the address in Hong Kong where he resides or carries on his business activities.