for filing Form T1
- Form T1 is for Request for preliminary advice on the following:
- Preliminary advice on registrability under section 11 of the Trade Marks Ordinance: the request is concerned with whether the trade mark itself is registrable in respect of the goods and/or services specified in the request and it does not include search of records for resembling trade marks; and/or
- Search of records – Preliminary advice on section 12 of the Trade Marks Ordinance: the request is concerned with whether there are other trade marks that resemble the trade mark in respect of the goods and/or services specified in the request.
- When completing Part 07 of the Form T1, please consider if any of your goods and/or services are those set out in the list(s) on the webpage “Commonly used descriptions of goods or services and their class numbers” and if yes, you may include the relevant descriptions in the Form T1 you submit. Please note that the list(s) are not exhaustive and do not cover all descriptions of goods or services and their class numbers under the Nice Classification. Alternatively, you may wish to complete Part 07 by specifying your goods and/or services and their class number(s).
- The Registry will process your request in respect of the specified goods and/or services falling under the appropriate class(es) in the Nice Classification, subject to your payment of the specified fee for the number of class(es) of goods and/or services to which the request relates. For example, in relation to request in respect of the goods “cosmetics, clothing” in Class 3 and the fee for a single class of goods/services has been paid only, the Registry will process the request in respect of “cosmetics” only since “clothing” belongs to Class 25 rather than Class 3 according to the Nice Classification.
- If you fill in the box “Series Mark” of Part 04 but the marks included in Part 04 do not form a series of marks, the Registry will process your request for mark “A” and those may constitute a series (if any) only.